Eating the right types of foods is extremely important for your athletic performance, but drinking enough fluids is also essential for optimal training performance and everyday normal functions well-being. During exercise, the main way the body maintains optimal body temperature is by sweating. Heat is removed from the body when beads of sweat on the skin evaporate, resulting in a loss of body fluid. Sweat production, and therefore fluid loss, increases with a rise in ambient temperature and humidity, as well as with an increase in exercise intensity. Staying hydrated enables your body to provide adequate circulation to both your muscles and body surface.
No athlete can compete at his or her best without proper hydration. Proper hydration is especially important during exercise. Adequate fluid intake for athletes is essential to comfort, performance and safety. The longer and more intensely you exercise, the more important it is to drink the right kind of fluids.
As I have mentioned in past blogs, a mere 1 percent dehydration level will hinder your athletic performance and health. Signs of dehydration are fatigue, headache, light-headedness, dry mouth and dark-colored urine. A study published in 2015 Asker Jeukendrup & Michael Gleeson at Humankinetics, suggests that “A loss of sweat equal to 2% of body weight causes a noticeable decrease of physical and mental performance. Losses of 5% or more of body weight during physical activities may decrease the capacity for work by roughly 30%”.
Therefore we can conclude that the lack of proper hydration will cause major damage to your athletic performance as shown. Making sure you are always replenishing fluid and electrolytes if you are engaged in a physical activity is a must if you are looking to perform at optimum levels.
1. "Hydration is a key component that allows the body to perform to its max potential. That’s why I choose Hydra Guard. Hydra guard supplies my body with essential electrolytes and proper hydration, without the artificial ingredients or unnecessary sugars." - New Orleans Saints' Ryan Ramczyk
2. “Hydra-Guard is the best drink I have had in terms of premium hydration. Hydra-Guard has all the essential electrolytes to take you to the next level, while keeping the calorie count low. If you want to prepare properly, this is the way to go!" - New Orleans Saints' Juwan Johnson
3. “Hydra-Guard has no artificial anything and low calories, helping me to recover properly after my workouts and continue a healthy lifestyle. Hydra-Guard and it’s premium hydration is about to take over and I am proud to be a part of that." - New Orleans Saints' Terron Armstead
4. “I believe that staying properly hydrated is massively important because as an elite athlete it is more than proper hydration it is a way of life that helps prevent any injuries. I really believe in the vision and future of Hydra-Guard for the sports world and proper hydration to be in the best tip-top shape to perform well.” - Minnesota Vikings' Alex Mattison
5. “The countless reps, the late night workout sessions, the endless sprints, I can’t do any of that if I don’t keep myself hydrated. Hydra-Guard allows me to do just that. If I am working out, it’s always within reach.” - Dallas Cowboys' Cedrick Wilson Jr.
Make the Switch Now!
Hopefully I was able to show you enough to persuade you on making sure you stay hydrated and drink more water/sports drinks to make sure your liquid and electrolyte are always at optimum levels. Either for physical activities performance or a healthy performance of everyday functions, make sure you are looking for products and adapting to a lifestyle where your body is always hydrated. This article will show you a little more about how to make sure your diet can help you to stay hydrated too. If you are making switches on your diet or schedule/lifestyle, look for products that will help you achieve your hydration goals too. Like I mentioned in this article, luckily there are already healthier options of foods and drinks on the market that can help people get their essential vitamins and minerals and keep your hydration levels at its peak without the extra calories.
Hydra-Guard Sports Drink is a great way of replenishing your essential electrolytes after a workout but keeping the calorie count low and consuming only 5g of natural sugars per bottle. If you want to check out the online store, you can use the code Joao10 for a discount on your checkout.